Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sleep Training (for the first time ever)

Addison was not a great sleeper, and drank bottles at night until we got rid of bottles altogether. With Miranda, I decided that I had to break the habit, as well as finally putting her in her room. She'll be 9 months next week. Lol!

Night 1: She was half asleep, but went into her crib fine. She then woke up every 20 min, cried for a few seconds, and would go back to sleep. This happened until 2. She then slept until 7-something. No bottles. Yay!

Night 2: She did the psycho crying when I tried to put her in the crib wide-awake. So...picking my battles, I let her watch "Splash" with Addison and I. She was asleep within 15 minutes. She ended up sleeping from 8:30 until 2:30. She cried for 20 min, went to sleep, woke up at 3:30, did the same thing, and woke up again at 4:30 and did the same thing. She slept until 7. No bottles.

Night 3: She did the same psycho crying when I put her in her crib at 7:30. She was asleep in our bed within minutes, and slept in her crib from about 8 until 3:30. Awesome! She woke up and started crying more than normal, but stopped after a few minutes. Thinking she was asleep after 5 minutes of silence, I went in her room to check on her. Wrong!!! She looked right at me. I sat in her room for a second, and then left to turn on the heater. She cried for a few minutes and fell back asleep until 7:30! No bottles!!!

We are both doing much better than I thought we would. Lol! I have not slept in over 4 1/2 years, and finally decided that enough is enough. I am a lot stronger than I thought I'd be. I have heard stories of babies crying for hours, which is why I kept putting it off. Dumb me! She has done soooo well! She is now drinking 24 ozs a day, which is recommended or she might actually drink less. It hasn't changed her routine because she is still getting bottles every 4 hrs until bedtime, but they are now 6 ozs. She is also eating dinner as well. I have started giving her Greek Yogurt and Cottage Cheese. I would've never given her either, but am following the Baby Bullet cookbook. Have I mentioned that I LOVE the BB??? It's so easy to make good, healthy food!

Addison is on Spring Break from school and tennis, which is why I've insisted on sleep training during these two weeks. We didn't"have" to be anywhere, so I thought it'd be a good time. She has gymnastics tomorrow, and my mom is going to come watch her. She is then going up there, and we will go up on Saturday. She can't wait for Easter! I'll be at Target tomorrow buying leftover things for their Easter baskets. Addison thinks that the Easter Bunny meets me and I give him their baskets. Lol!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails