Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's a New Year!

I am not one of those people that makes New Year resolutions. I feel like, if you really want to do something badly enough, you don't need a new year to get it done. You just do it. With that being said, I had made some "financial" goals a few months ago. The biggest one was to pay off Miranda's medical bills. I wanted this done so we could write them off when we do our taxes. I was getting the receipts organized and tallying up the numbers...$9.308.00!!!! That's just crazy. And to think, it could have been so much more. She could have been in the hospital for at least two weeks, which is what most babies stay in for, but she was a beast, and fought everyone, and got out in two days. And after all of that...here she is, 6 months later! And with 6 months comes the planning for the 1st birthday party. Ugh. I was planning it for July 6th, but just found out there is a wedding that we really want to go to, and since we ALWAYS miss peoples weddings for one reason or another, I am thinking about changing her party to the weekend before her actual birthday, which would be the end of June. Is that crazy? =)
 A hot mess, but one of my favorite pictures ever. I have never seen a happier baby, and I am not just saying that because she's ours!
 So now, onto the other goals that I had. Paying off the car, which will happen by my deadline of March, and saving for a patio cover. Of course our patio has to be HUGE! That one may not happen. Lol! 

Carlos has been on Winter break from school, so we have been having fun, and working on the backyard, getting it ready for Addison's trampoline, winterizing the grass, and getting the poor plants ready to freeze. My hibiscus is already on it's way. Luckily I learned last spring how to cut it back after frost and make it look awesome! I am trying to prevent having to cut it so we have inches and inches of mulch around the base. If I were totally cuckoo, I would cover it with a blanket. 

This was also Carlos' first semester since transferring from community college that he hasn't gotten A's. I think he is lucky he even passed his classes. Considering he started the semester with a newborn waking up all night, works 40+ hours a week, commutes 10+ hours a week, and has to watch football (lol), he did pretty well. I think I would have gone crazy!

And finally, Addison is back in school after her 2 week break. She was counting down the days to go back. She LOVES school! I always loved school too, so this is a good sign. She was especially excited to see that they had a train table in her class. She went straight for it. One of the things you don't have when you don't have a brother...a huge train table. Although, I have always wanted to buy one anyway. Lol! Ms. Bobbi also informed me that Addison will most likely grow up and become an engineer or something in a male-dominated field. Awesome! We see it at home. She is so drawn to building, fixing things (including people), and playing with tools and puzzles. 
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails