Friday, September 20, 2013

Addison loves school!

Addison is loving school. She is off today for a Staff Development Day, but I know she'd rather be in school. She is not even 5 years old, and not in kindergarten yet, but she is already able to read a ton of words. Strangely enough, she does better with new words than she does with sight words. She pretty much mastered the standards before she entered tk, so this is just a great opportunity for her to jump ahead, since she is in a more advanced small group during reading/language arts. She has been getting green cards every day, and even has a few blue cards. Blue cards are the BEST, and are rarely given out! 

She doesn't even care if she has a ton of friends or not, but the kids at school love her. I swear when I drop her off, all of the kids come up to her to say hello or just to give her a hug. They love Miranda too! 

I love the fact that she goes to school every day. I thought I would hate her being a late bird, but  it really is such a nice schedule. Due to the fact that Miranda was one month old when Addison started preschool, I got used to getting all of us showered, hair done, clothes ironed and everything, and was a pro at getting out the door by 8:40. The fact that I don't drop her off until 10:30 (except on Wednesdays which are early days), means that we have extra time to sit and actually enjoy the morning. And Miranda's nap schedules are sooo much better!
Picture Day
 She wanted to wear her Endeavor shirt to school. At least we finally had something to match the black Tom's!
 Go Broncos!
Miranda is doing awesome as well! She seriously follows directions like a champ. If you tell her to put something away, she will take it to whatever room it belongs in and put it away exactly where it goes. It amazes me every time! She is still climbing everything. She is now a pro on the trampoline and loves to run around like crazy!

As far as the house goes, we are on backyard makeover take 2! We went into HD to get cabinets for the laundry room since I didn't want to bother painting the ones we had, and ended up spending $500 on new stones to make all new planters. I then decided that I wanted to take a chunk out of our grass and will be getting pavers to make an additional seating area. I'm so excited to see how it turns out. New grass will hopefully be put in in the Spring. Yay!
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails